sexta-feira, 4 de março de 2016

FELIPE MASSA



2014 - Felipe Massa interview:


What's your first sporting memory?

- I would say I started watching Formula 1 since Nelson Piquet's time, but I don't have a really great memory of it. My father used to be a driver: just for fun, not professionally. And then I always wanted to be a driver because of that, not because of watching the television.

If you could be a professional in any sport, what would you choose?

- Football. I always loved to play, but I never had the right talent for it.

Who are your sporting heroes?

- Senna and Piquet, definitely, were our heroes in Brazil from my time and definitely I was crazy for them. In football Ronaldo was amazing. Romario as well.

What one thing would you change about your sport?

- If I can change something it would maybe be going back a little bit to the past idea, with wider tyres, more mechanical grip and less aerodynamic grip. I think that would really make F1 more competitive, and fun as well.

Do you have any hidden talents?

- It was always on the speed. I had a little motocross when I was a kid, when I was six years old, and I was always very quick. But I was good at sport in general, I always wanted to do everything: football, tennis, basketball...

What was the last band you saw?

- I mean I like everything. I really love music, pop music, everything. I am big fan of Eric Clapton, he's a great friend and he loves Formula 1 as well.

What's the highlight of your career?

- I would say the best moment of my career was when I won for the first time in Brazil (in 2006, making Massa the first Brazilian to win at Interlagos since Ayrton Senna in 1993). That was really the most amazing feeling, you know? it's like a dream come true.

What's your favourite travel destination?

- I love to go Miami. So, when I have a bit of time. I always go to Miami. I love the place. Great restaurants, it's hot, nice beaches, the weather is great. I like to take my son there as well. Brazil, too, home is always home...

Have you ever been starstruck?

- The most impressive footballer that I met was Ronaldo, I know him pretty well.

What's the best advice you've been given?

- The best advice was from my father: always try to be honest with people. For me that was the most important thing that I always tried to be, and to pass on to my son. Also to never give up, because sometimes you learn with the difficult times.

What's the hardest obstacle you have had to overcome in your career?

- I've had many difficult times. definitely the hardest time I had was the race Germany in 2010 when I had to let my teammate past; for me it was really the worst.

Describe yourself in three words.

- I don't like to talk about myself.


*